WooCommerce composite products are one of the great ways to increase sales for your online shop. It allows your customers to configure products when purchasing. In this article, we will share with you the background on WooCommerce composite products, explain why and when you should create composite products on WooCommerce, and mention the top best WooCommerce composite product plugins. At the central point, we will also show a detailed guide on how to set up composite products on your WooCommerce store. Let’s get started!
- What are WooCommerce Composite Products?
- When you should create WooCommerce composite products?
- Top 3 best WooCommerce composite products plugins
- How to create WooCommerce composite products?
- Step 1: Add products to WooCommerce store
- Step 2: Configure the WooCommerce Product Table plugin’s settings
- Step 3: Display the composite WooCommerce product on the front-end
- Other customizations on WooCommerce composite products
What are WooCommerce Composite Products?
WooCommerce composite products (also known as product builders) are simple products that are created by merging numerous existing products. If you offer computer parts (motherboards, RAM, graphics cards, and processors, for example), you might create a WooCommerce composite product that allows buyers to assemble their own PC. Customers would choose all the individual components that would go into their finished computer.
Composite products are also known as kit-builders, kit-building products, and custom product builders. The user assembles the composite product from many sub-products.
When you should create WooCommerce composite products?
Here are several scenarios in which creating a WooCommerce composite product makes sense:
WooCommerce composite products are ideal for online shops that sell gift boxes and gift baskets (hampers/packs). Customers can choose a box, select the things they want to add to it, place their orders, and check out.
Product kit creator
If you sell custom PCs or skateboards, you can develop a composite WooCommerce product that allows consumers to select the elements they want to utilize in their custom construction.
‘Create your own’ products
If you sell bespoke veggie boxes, luxury food hampers, or build your own pizza or burrito, you can develop composite items. For more ideas, check out our ‘make your own’ product tutorial. Before you begin, it’s a good idea to sketch out the composite product kinds you’ll be creating. You’ll know which products to offer as options for building the composite product and how much to charge for them this way.
Top 3 best WooCommerce composite products plugins
The WooCommerce Product Table plugin can be used to add composite products to your site. It’s also simple to use and set up, allowing you to build product tables in seconds. The product table allows your consumers to select several products from a single search-and-sort ordering page, greatly simplifying the purchasing experience.
- You can add as many products as you want to the table.
- The table can be customized with a shortcode or the Gutenberg Block Editor.
- It has a built-in search and sort function.
- You can include fields, attributes, product taxonomies, SKUs, and so on.
This is one of the greatest WooCommerce product builders. It allows your consumers to design or personalize their own items from the products on your website. Customers, for example, can assemble a whole computer system by selecting from a variety of pre-existing computer components on the site. Furthermore, the WooCommerce Composite Products plugin has strong inventory management tools, customizable pricing, and much more.
- Supports all product types, including simple, changeable, downloaded, and bundles.
- Extreme grouping allows you to group objects in tags and categories for a more streamlined customization experience.
- There are several layout and option styles to choose from.
- Conditional rules can be added for a variety of conditions.
- Indicate how the product will be delivered.
This WooCommerce composite product plugin will undoubtedly boost your sales. You can boost customer satisfaction by giving your consumers the option of creating product kits from numerous variable products on your website. It also offers a drag-and-drop builder for rearranging component order. You can also include a description for each component.
- Administrators can configure the default product and amount for each component.
- Each component’s inventory is controlled separately.
- Customers can find products by using keywords in the search box, which is powered by Ajax.
- Determine the minimum and maximum quantities of each component.
- Text can be changed.
- The pricing is calculated automatically as the components are added together.
How to create WooCommerce composite products?
In this tutorial, I will use the WooCommerce Product Table plugin because it is user-friendly and easy to use. Before taking deep steps into the process, you need to install the plugin on your site. This step is as simple as the way you install other plugins. Once finishing, follow the process below to build composite products on your WooCommerce store using the WooCommerce product table plugin.
Step 1: Add products to WooCommerce store
The first step is to plan out your WooCommerce composite product. Here are some questions to consider:
- What are the various products that will be incorporated into the composite product? For instance, if you sell computers, this may include motherboards, RAM, graphics cards, and processors.
- Is there any variance in any of the items? If so, you’ll need to add them to your WooCommerce store as variable products.
- After listing your products, you can begin to add them to WooCommerce as individual items.
This article will show you how to make a WooCommerce composite product for a DIY aquarium. We’ll add the fish tank, tank plants, and lighting to WooCommerce as separate products.
Step 2: Configure the WooCommerce Product Table plugin’s settings
From the WordPress admin panel, navigate to WooCommerce > Settings > Products > Product table and configure the following settings:
- Set the Columns option to the columns you want to see on the front end. For example, if you want to show the product’s image, name, short description, price, and add to cart button, you would enter image,name,short-description,price,add-to-cart
- Next, set the Add to cart button option to Button and checkbox using the dropdown menu. Set the Variations option to Dropdown lists in add to cart column.
Step 3: Display the composite WooCommerce product on the front-end
In this step, the WooCommerce composite product is ready to be shown on the front end. Now you need to make a new page and give it a name. In this example, we will title it Build Your Aquarium.
Then, you should add a Shortcode block to the text editor and type [product table] into it, or if using Gutenberg, find the WooCommerce Product Table block and add it to the page. When you preview the page in the browser, it should appear like this:
Other customizations on WooCommerce composite products
After creating a composite product in your WooCommerce store, you can do other interesting customs as follows:
Add extra options to your composite product
Depending on the type of product you sell, you may wish to provide clients with additional component options.
You can set a base price for the composite product and charge extra for add-ons this way.
If you wanted to allow consumers to add other types of plants to their aquarium, for example, you could provide them as extra component options rather than variants. Customers would then be able to choose the plants they wanted to include in their aquarium. You might also include a text field where clients can enter unique requests.
Set minimum or maximum quantities
If you want to take advantage of WooCommerce composite products to boost revenue, you may want to set a minimum or maximum amount of items for each order. In such cases, you should follow this guide.
Composite items can be used to create kit-building chances for your store and customers. You can boost conversion rates, boost sales, and sell more things overall.
Customers can customize the amounts and types of various components. They can make gift packs given to others for birthdays, Christmas, or other special occasions, or they can make the types of composite items they enjoy.
You can recommend clients choose things that will meet their needs. This will remove any worries that may have prevented them from purchasing, as well as lessen support calls and boost customer happiness.
The average order value will rise as well. That’s because you’re carefully informing customers about the additional items they’ll need to build their desired products.