One of the best ways to improve your cash flow and attract new customers is by adding gift cards to your online store. In this article, we are going to give you a general understanding of WooCommerce gift cards, present you how to sell gift cards in your WooCommerce store, and lastly offer you some of the best WooCommerce gift card plugins. If you haven’t yet started with the WooCommerce gift cards, keep reading!
- What is a WooCommerce gift card?
- How Selling WooCommerce Gift Cards benefits your Store?
- Can I create WooCommerce gift cards without a plugin?
- How to Sell WooCommerce Gift Cards in your store?
- Step 1: Install a WooCommerce Gift Card Plugin
- Step 2: Create a New Gift Card Product
- Step 3: Choose the Number of WooCommerce Gift Cards
- Step 4: Configure the Attributes and Variations of the Gift Card
- Step 5: Customize your WooCommerce Gift Card Design
- Step 6: Add the WooCommerce Gift Card Product to Your Online Store
- 4 Best WooCommerce Gift Card Plugins
- Final words
What is a WooCommerce gift card?
WooCommerce gift cards allow your customers to give their loved ones a certain amount of money the recipient can redeem by buying products from your WooCommerce store. Besides, adding WooCommerce gift cards also will bring more new conversions for your business.
How Selling WooCommerce Gift Cards benefits your Store?
You will receive at least these benefits if you implement WooCommerce gift cards on your online store:
- It is a great way to attract new customers to your store.
- It increases the value of your brand. That is because everyone finds it easier to buy gift cards for any occasion than to order products.
- It helps improve your sales by selling and accepting to use WooCommerce gift cards.
- WooCommerce gift cards help minimize fraud when customers try to refund expired cash.
- The release of gift cards will increase your sales and revenue.
- It gives you a global reach through word of mouth strategy.
- You will also experience great brand exposure.
Can I create WooCommerce gift cards without a plugin?
Unfortunately, by default WooCommerce does not come with a built-in gift card feature. Therefore, to add gift cards to your WooCommerce store, you need to install a plugin supporting that. Below are the steps you need to do to sell WooCommerce gift cards in your store.
How to Sell WooCommerce Gift Cards in your store?
Step 1: Install a WooCommerce Gift Card Plugin
There are plenty of plugins for you to choose from. We will use PW WooCommerce Gift Cards in this article as it is one of the best free gift card plugins you can find now. However, whatever plugin you use, the process should be pretty similar.
You need to add it to your online store first. To do so, go to Plugins > Add New from the dashboard. Type ‘PW WooCommerce Gift Cards’ in the search field, then click the Install Now > Activate button to enable the plugin on your store.
Step 2: Create a New Gift Card Product
Once activated, go to WooCommerce > PW Gift Cards. Here, it will prompt you to set up a new product. To get started, click the ‘Create the Gift Card product’ button.
It will show a “Success!” message. Now, you can find the gift card product in the ‘Products’ tab of your admin menu.
Although you already have the gift card functionality turned on in your online store, you still need to tweak some settings to personalize it.
Step 3: Choose the Number of WooCommerce Gift Cards
From the product list, hover over the gift card product and select the Edit link. This action will take you to the setting screen. Here, you can change the product’s title (e.g., Birthday Gifted Card or First Purchase Gift Card) and add a product description.
In the Product data section, you can configure the denominations of the gift cards.
By default, the plugin adds gift card values of £10, £25, £50, and £100. You can also add a custom amount by typing in an amount in the text field, then clicking the Add button.
Step 4: Configure the Attributes and Variations of the Gift Card
Next, navigate to the Attributes tab. Here is where you can add custom attributes to your gift card product and display the gift card on the product page.
In the Variations tab, you can choose pre-selected form values. For instance, if you want the default amount to be £50, you can select it from the drop-down menu.
When everything looks the way you want it to be, remember to save your changes.
Step 5: Customize your WooCommerce Gift Card Design
To do so, navigate to WooCommerce > PW Gift Cards, then select the Email Designer tab.
Here, you can preview what a gift card will look like in the email, send a test email, and adjust the colors. If you have the Pro version, you can also change additional settings, such as adding a wallpaper.
Step 6: Add the WooCommerce Gift Card Product to Your Online Store
Once you have finished configuring the gift card settings, the only thing left to do is to get the card to work. You can select which product pages the gift card appears in the Product categories section of the gift card product page.
You can select all categories if you want the gift card to appear in the entire store. Another great option is to create a new one specifically for gift cards, which you can do by clicking the Add Product Category link. When you have finished it, click the Update button.
And there you have it! That is how to create WooCommerce gift cards with the PW WooCommerce Gift Cards plugin. Just refer to the next part if you want to get more options with other WooCommerce gift card plugins.
4 Best WooCommerce Gift Card Plugins
If you want to see some other alternatives, here are four other plugins you can use to deliver gift cards at your WooCommerce store.
YITH WooCommerce Gift Cards is a popular but underrated solution to add gift certification functionality to your store.
It has both free and premium versions. The free version adds a new “Gift Card” product category to WooCommerce that allows you to add gift cards in any quantity. Shoppers can then buy gift cards through your store and receive them via email.
If you buy the premium version, you will also be able to:
- Allows customers to enter their custom gift card quantities;
- Allows customers to see their gift cards in the dashboard and see how much is leftover;
- Print physical gift cards.
The free version of the YITH gift card plugin is available at WordPress.org. The Pro version will cost at least €129.99.
Ultimate Gift Cards For WooCommerce is a plugin that can manage the sale of gift cards. It comes with several templates for occasions like birthday, Christmas, Valentine’s Day, and many more.
The free version includes features like:
- One-click product gift card creation;
- Customers can receive gift cards via email;
- The store owner can recommend the gift card on the shop page as well as on a separate page;
- Store owners can also exclude specific products and categories if they do not want to sell them with gift cards.
The free version of the WooCommerce Ultimate Gift Card is available on WordPress.org. The pro version adds more features, including PDF gift cards, which costs at least $69.
WooCommerce Gift Card Pro is a popular plugin at CodeCanyon. It has been purchased over 1,500 times while receiving an average 3.84-star rating on nearly 100 reviews.
The plugin allows you to sell fixed-price gift cards, variable-price gift cards, or custom amounts. You can also set a deadline, send your voucher on a custom date, and translate your gift card into new languages.
It is available for just $40 at CodeCanyon.
Gift Up allows you to sell gift cards on your WooCommerce store. It is easy to set up and can bring big sales to you. Below are some of its outstanding features:
- It allows you to sell gift cards in WordPress, Facebook, etc.
- You can create gift cards with your branding and expiry date.
- It lets recipients receive gift cards from anywhere.
- The complete management of gift cards is carried out under a single roof.
- Customers can design gift cards.
- Gift cards can be sold in any currency so that customers from any region can buy them.
The plugin is entirely free to set up and no monthly fees. They only charge a small fee of 3.49% when you sell your gift cards. But you can let your customers pay for it if you prefer.
Giving away WooCommerce gift cards on your store is a great way to help gift-givers share your products. It also assists you in locking in profits right away securely when you sell gift cards.
Suppose you want to start offering gift cards on your online store right now. In that case, our recommended solution is the PW WooCommerce Gift Cards plugin we detailed above. Or, you can also choose one of the others that we have introduced.
Finally, no matter which plugin you use, the Woostify WooCommerce theme can help you sell more gift cards and other products with its modern, optimized conversion design.