Many eCommerce business owners find pricing a daunting task. When you own a WooCommerce store, you can often question whether you have an optimal pricing plan.
There are many pricing models in eCommerce, such as fixed price, bundle price, subscription, name your price and more.
This article will focus on the “name your price” model. And later in the post, we will list the top 5+ best WooCommerce name your price alternative plugins to help you with that.
Without further ado, let’s dive right in!
- What is the “Name Your Price” Pricing Model?
- Benefits of Using the “Name Your Price” Pricing Model for Your WooCommerce Store
- Top 8+ Best WooCommerce Name Your Price Alternative Plugins
- Final Words
What is the “Name Your Price” Pricing Model?
The fixed-pricing model allows sellers to set a flat price for each item. Customers can search for products and buy if the price is acceptable for them. On the other hand, if they disagree with the price, they will find alternatives.
In contrast, the “name your price” strategy, also known as a reverse auction, allows buyers to submit objections if they disagree with a seller’s proposed price.
The seller can then choose to accept or reject the objections. Or they can make new offers to the buyers.
Benefits of Using the “Name Your Price” Pricing Model for Your WooCommerce Store
The “name your price” pricing model is a unique technique for testing the market for new, unreleased products.
You can start by rolling out a trial product and allowing customers to pay whatever price they deem worthy. Once you have gathered enough information, you can make a more accurate estimate of the product’s price.
In addition, by using the “name your price” pricing model, you can increase the chances of customers making objections and end up striking deals with them.
The most important thing is to set your threshold to determine how low your rates can be. After all, making a small profit is better than making no profit at all.
Lastly, the “name your price” pricing model allows you to accept donations and organize fundraising activities for your business.
This has grown in popularity in recent years. And many WooCommerce stores now have a “Donate” button where visitors can donate money to support a cause.
Top 8+ Best WooCommerce Name Your Price Alternative Plugins
YITH WooCommerce Name Your Price
- Price: $49.99/year
- Rating: 4.5/5 (74 reviews)
YITH WooCommerce Name Your Price is a premium plugin that allows your customers to enter their own prices for your items. You can use this plugin to provide a pleasant customer experience if you sell personalized items or accept donating.
With this plugin, you can customize the “name your price” option for your items on a per-product basis. You can also change the text of the labels.
Finally, it allows you to set up suggested prices and minimum and maximum price ranges for your customers’ requests.
- Allow your customers to name their own prices.
- Turn on/off the pricing model on a per-product basis.
- Customize the name of your prices displayed on the WooCommerce product pages.
Name Your Price
- Price: $49/year
- Rating: 5/5 (53 reviews)
This plugin gives your customers the freedom to enter their own prices on your WooCommerce store. In addition, you can also suggest prices for the products that you think are appropriate.
This plugin can assist you a lot in many different scenarios. You can accept donations or create a unique pricing strategy that your customers want.
You also can do research to determine how much buyers are willing to pay for the products you have not launched yet with this plugin.
- Set prices for your items, including variable products, based on customer preferences.
- Let your customers make price proposals.
- Specify minimum costs for your products.
- Can be used for subscription services with different payment terms.
- Allow customers to print custom gift certificates and redeem them in your physical store.
WooCommerce Pay Your Price
- Price: from $29
- Rating: 4.9/5 (56 reviews)
WooCommerce Pay Your Price allows your customers to determine your products’ price.
This plugin lets you specify minimum and maximum price ranges and price recommendations.
You have complete control over how customers influence your store’s pricing decisions. You can also use this plugin to receive donations on your WooCommerce store.
- Set minimum prices for products and then accept extra money as donations.
- Let customers enter their own prices on your WooCommerce store.
- Test the market to see how much your products are worth.
- Use the “name your price” pricing strategy on the products of your choice.
- Force customers to pay within a range by setting a minimum and maximum price.
- Set a recommended price as a guide.
Product Open Pricing (Name Your Price) for WooCommerce
- Price: from $39.99 (free version available)
- Rating: 4.2/5 (16 reviews)
This WooCommerce name your price alternative can be downloaded for free from the WordPress repository. But this version only allows you to configure the “name your price” pricing strategy for one product.
With the premium version, you can also determine suggested prices and minimum and maximum price ranges.
Furthermore, it provides several customization options for you to change the appearance of this feature.
On the category and shop pages, you can choose to let your customers enter their own prices on your WooCommerce store.
The plugin also allows you to adjust the user interface template and display your products’ original prices.
- Bring the “name your price” pricing model to your WooCommerce store.
- Set recommended prices, as well as minimum and maximum price ranges.
- Offer the “name your price” option on the category and shop pages.
- Change the look and feel of the user interface of the feature.
WPC Name Your Price for WooCommerce
- Price: Free
- Rating: 4.3/5 (10 reviews)
This free WooCommerce plugin allows you to set up the “name your price” pricing model on your online store. Your customers can determine specific prices or choose to give donations.
This plugin has an intuitive user interface that makes it easy to integrate its functionality into your online store.
You can also set recommended prices and minimum and maximum price ranges with this plugin.
- Have a simple and user-friendly interface
- Offer two types of pricing options: default input and select a value
- Set up predefined price options with minimum and maximum price ranges.
- Accept decimal values.
- Use the “name your price” pricing model at the system or product level.
- Enter distinct values or value ranges for the prices.
- Customize recommended price text, original and minimum price.
Booster for WooCommerce
- Price: from $9.99/month (free version available)
- Rating: 4.6/5 (432 reviews)
Booster for WooCommerce is an all-in-one plugin to integrate many functions into your online store.
Besides the many outstanding features this plugin offers, it also can assist you in setting the “name your price” pricing strategy on your WooCommerce store.
You can turn on the “name your price” option for all individual products even with the free version.
With the premium version, you can quickly apply the “name your price” pricing strategy for your entire WooCommerce store. You can also change the look and feel of the fields and buttons.
- Bring the “name your price” pricing model to your WooCommerce store.
- Can apply the option to every product, even with the free version.
WooCommerce Product Add-ons Ultimate
- Price: $69 for the Basic Plan, $119 for the Pro Plan
- Rating: N/A
This plugin mostly aids in the addition of additional options to your product pages and charging clients for them. This plugin allows your consumers to personalize products before purchasing them.
Furthermore, this plugin allows customers to suggest their own prices for products. You can either give clients complete price control or set a minimum and maximum range. The option to allow consumers to define only a portion of the price rather than the complete cost is a highlight of the plugin.
Besides prices, this WooCommerce name your price plugin also personalize your products by adding other options to your products as many extra fields as you want such as text boxes, dropdowns, checkboxes, and radio buttons. That provides you and your customers fine-grained control over product configuration.
- Display extra options to assist customers in customizing your products.
- Allow buyers to choose their own prices for the things they purchase.
- Set minimum and maximum price ranges to keep the pricing under control.
- Use conditional logic to display the names of your price fields.
- Allow clients to have some price control.
- Add new fields to specific products or the entire catalog.
WooCommerce Offer Your Price
- Price: $49 per year, $149 for one time
- Rating: N/A
The next option in the list of best name your price plugins for WooCommerce is WooCommerce Offer Your Price. With this plugin, you may experiment with allowing your users to set their own prices for things purchased from your store.
From that, you may improve client retention in your store. However, the plugin still gives you some control by allowing you to set a minimum price for the product if necessary. You can also allow clients to submit deals, which you can approve after careful analysis. Overall, this plugin will assist you in better understanding the perceived worth of your items.
- Allow customers to set their own prices in your store.
- Can be used for fundraising and taking donations.
- Collect trustworthy information on how much your customer base is willing to pay for your products.
- Change the button and text in the name your price field.
- Set discount rules for different price ranges.
- Customers may be prohibited from offering different prices for the same products.
As you can see, although the traditional pricing system has been around for a long time and has produced excellent results in some cases, the “name your price” approach has some distinct advantages.
This strategy can be beneficial, especially for businesses considering pricing for their new products, crowdfunding, or accepting donations.
Thanks for spending your precious time reading our article until the end! Feel free to let us know if you have any questions or want to share a WooCommerce name your price alternative we didn’t mention in the comments section below.