Do you want to leverage your WordPress website to raise your revenue? The Amazon affiliate program is a great way to get started with even you are the beginner of WordPress or newbie of Marketing Affiliate. In this tutorial, we will provide you with an Ultimate Guide of how to set up an Amazon Affiliate store on WordPress helping you make money with Amazon Affiliate Program.
- 1. Amazon affiliate program review
- 2. Set up your WordPress WooCommerce site
- 3. Sign up for Amazon Affiliate Program
- 4. Choose appropriate products for your Amazon affiliate store
- 5. Add Amazon Affiliate products to WooCommerce store
- 6. Customize & grow your WordPress Amazon Affiliate store
- Conclusion on How to set up an Amazon Affiliate Store
1. Amazon affiliate program review
1.1. What is Affiliate Marketing? How does it work?
What is Affiliate Marketing?
Before getting to know about Amazon Affiliate Program, we want to say a little bit about Affiliate Marketing and how it works. People consider it a kind of making money online without investment. Some others also call it passive income. Sound interesting!
The first condition here is having a domain name and hosting. What we need to do next is help to promote other brands’ products. Then, we will get a commission for it.
Without developing products, supporting customers, or worrying about inventory items, we still can earn money. That’s so lovely!
But in fact, to become a good affiliate marketer is not easy. It will depend on how you understand the product and niche as well as how you implement promotional strategies.
It is advisable to choose the niche you are expert in or have the passion for. Then, you can produce high-converting content.
In case you find a potential niche, but you don’t understand much about it. No problem! We believe that learning by doing is not a bad idea.
So how does an affiliate program work?
For an affiliate marketing program, there are three roles, including a merchant, customers, and you (affiliate marketer). You will play an intermediary role to helps the merchant get more customers.
To start the work, you need an affiliate account. You can find the affiliate program right on the merchant’s website, at the website footer or menu. Woostify also has this program. If you want to become our partner, click on “Affiliate Program” at the footer and register as an affiliate partner.
1.2. Why set up an Amazon Affiliate Store?
Amazon is one of the biggest marketplaces where a huge variety of products are displayed and sold.
Almost all people will visit Amazon first if they want to find any product because it is home to countless trending products.
Amazon affiliate store allows you to promote the wide range of products listed on the Amazon website and get a commission for every successful sale through your affiliate link put on your site.
Setting up Amazon Affiliate store on WordPress is also called building an Amazon Affiliate store.
Unlike a traditional online store, running an Amazon Affiliate store does not require you to source products, manage orders, ship products, and keep track of inventory; hence, it is considered the easiest ways to start an online business.
1.3. How much can you earn from Amazon Affiliate Program?
According to Amazon Affiliate Program Fee, the commission varies basing on product categories, types of program; however, the best commission rates are usually offered on categories like:
- Kitchen Items
The profit is also different from country to country. You can check detail commission Amazon offers for different nations such as France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Canada, China, India, Uk, etc. Below is a typical example for this difference.
2. Set up your WordPress WooCommerce site
To build an Amazon Affiliate store, first, you need to have a WordPress WooCommerce site by using the WordPress.org platform.
Like building a traditional online store, you will also need a web hosting account, a domain name, and an SSL Certificate. This guide will help you purchase and set up these 3 necessary elements above with clear instructions.
Once finishing WordPress installation, you’ll reach the default WordPress dashboard with the basic features as below.
Next, you need to install and activate WooCommerce. This process is quite similar to setting up WooCommerce in creating an online store. If you are planning to integrate sell both your own products and affiliate ones, you have to choose the currency, payment methods, location, etc from the Setup Wizard right after activation by following our instructions in section 2.2 of this tutorial.
If not, you can scroll down to the page bottom and click on Not Right Now to skip this process. However, you can still return to configure the setup later if needed.
To run your WordPress WooCommerce site work, you also need a Woocommerce WordPress theme. There are plenty amount of paid and free themes, but we recommend Woostify theme because of its compatibility with all WordPress WooCommerce websites, complete easy customization and better conversion rate.
We have released Woostify FREE and a large number of our customers are using it to build Amazon Affiliate stores as well as online stores. It is available for you to download now.
3. Sign up for Amazon Affiliate Program
After successfully installing your WordPress WooCommerce site, you will need to sign up for an Amazon affiliate program to start selling Amazon’s products with your affiliate account.
- Step 1: Go to the official website of Amazon, then scroll down to the page bottom, navigate to Amazon Become an Affiliate.
Then you reach Affiliate program website, click on Join Now for Free to participate in their affiliate program.
- Step 2: Now, you can sign up with your own information to create your affiliate account.
- Step 3: You’ll then be driven to the five-step account creation process where you are required to fill in with your information for Amazon to review your account and associated activities in the future.
In Account Information, you need to type your name and location.
In Website and Mobile App List, you have to enter all websites on which you intend to add affiliate links. Make sure to read the instructions thoroughly before proceeding.
Under Profile, you create your affiliate ID, then you are provided with your tracking code including a string of letters and/or numbers. You’ll then be asked a series of questions regarding what type of topics your websites cover and which kinds of products you are planning to promote on your sites.
In Identity Verification, you are required to share your phone number for Amazon to verify again.
Lastly, you are given the official Amazon Associates tracking ID and a chance to submit your tax information (as you’ll have to report all earnings to the IRS). You can skip this step and do this later.
Once you’ve set up your account, do note that Amazon requires you to use product links and generate income from at least three of them within 180 days. If you fail to do so within that time, your account will be closed automatically. However, you may ask them to activate your account again when you are able to satisfy their requirements and have your first sale made through your affiliate links.
Once finishing the setup process, you?ll reach Amazon Associates Central where you can search for products, get their affiliate links, and can see the overview of your earnings over the last month.
4. Choose appropriate products for your Amazon affiliate store
As you may know, there are millions of products listed on Amazon, but not all of them are suitable for your Amazon affiliate stores. Therefore, it is essential for you to consider and go for the most appropriate ones, which may result in significant changes in your income.
Below are some tips for you to suitable items to promote your Amazon affiliate store.
4.1. Focus on products relevant to your field
Selling and reviewing the products related to your website’s niche will make your site more reliable as well as raise customers’ trust on your site, which may lead to a higher click rate and conversion rate.
4.2. Try to focus on selling averagely priced items
Cheap items are easier to be sold because buyers don’t have to think much before buying them. However, with such items, the commission you get is too low to make a substantial difference in your income. On the contrary, although costly items bring in a higher commission, selling them is not as easy as selling the cheaper ones since most people hesitate a lot before buying them. Therefore, the best approach is to sell items that are averagely priced, from our experience, in $50 – $300 price range. The products falling in this range will likely bring in more commission and are more easily purchased.
4.3. Try to focus on the high- in- demand products
To know which products are high in demand, keyword research is extremely important. The higher search volumes the keywords get, the higher demand the products including the keywords have. If you are using keywords that have low search volumes, then doing affiliate marketing will be a waste of time for you. You should look for keywords that are lucrative but not much competitive, which will enhance your traffic and better conversion rate.
Some tools for you to evaluate demand are JungleScout which allows you to filter products on Amazon according to demand, estimated sales, and seasonality.
Or Google Trends, a free tool that enables you to look at past trends and predict demand quite accurately.
5. Add Amazon Affiliate products to WooCommerce store
Now you know which products you should add to your Amazon Affiliate store. It’s time to put your affiliate products into your WordPress WooCommerce site. Please follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Navigate to Add New under Product in Dashboard. Here, you need to provide product’s title you want to sell, then add a detailed description in the post editor.
- Step 2: Scroll down to Product data meta box and select External/Affiliate Product under Product type drop-down menu. Then, you need to enter the product affiliate URL.
You can get the product’s URL from your Amazon Associates Central dashboard. Simply type the product name in the search bar and then click on Get link button in the results.
Copy the URL and paste it on your product URL box of the edit page in WordPress.
Remember to leave the Price fields blank for users to check the price directly on Amazon.com. Because Amazon’s affiliate program policies do not allow you to manually enter price information.
- Step 3: Scroll down to Product short description, you can add a short description of the product which will appear on the shop front page, product category pages, and search results.
- Step 4: To the right of the dashboard, you can add a product image and product gallery.
Besides the attributes mentioned before, there are some other product information you may need to customize such as Product category, Product tags, etc.
- Step 5: Click on Publish to make the product page live on your website.
Repeat the process to add more affiliate products to your website. Once you finish, you can visit the shop page to see the Amazon affiliate products displayed on your website.
6. Customize & grow your WordPress Amazon Affiliate store
To improve your Amazon Affiliate store’s functionalities, you can install some WordPress plugins supporting to upgrade it available on WordPress plugins directory.
Below are some outstanding ones:
- EasyAzon: This powerful plugin can help to create Amazon text affiliate links direct to any product available for sale on Amazon.com right from your WordPress post editor without going through the long manual process, which saves you much time.
- Amazon Link: A useful plugin allows you to add Amazon product links within your own WordPress posts and includes all the links, even your unique Amazon affiliate ID which helps you keep track of commissions. Plus, the plugin is compatible with Amazon associate programs in most countries around the world and automatically translates the product description based on the visitor?s location. Moreover, its powerful search option helps to locate products on Amazon and add their links to posts with fast loading speed.
- Amazon Auto Links: This helpful plugin allows you to pick out your targeted categories, and automatically add the links. So you don’t need to search for products and paste affiliate links manually. It also filters unwanted products by blacklisting them by description, title, and ASIN. This will bring you about actual income with minimal efforts.
- Amazon product in a post plugin: This nifty addon lets you quickly add as many Amazon products to any existing or new page or post or to custom post types as you want simply by adding the Amazon Product ASIN and using shortcodes. This plugin is great choice for monetizing your posts.
Conclusion on How to set up an Amazon Affiliate Store
To sum up, if you are planning to build an online store but don’t have enough budget for it, starting with an Amazon Affiliate store will definitely be an ideal solution. It is very easy to get started and to add Amazon affiliate products to WordPress WooCommerce website; however, the key to getting success is the way you promote your affiliate store to attract visitors. At last, hopefully, this tutorial will help you to build and run your Amazon Affiliate store easily and successfully.
Hi Alice, great article on how to build amazon store on word press. I have learned a alot on how to create amazon affiliate store from this article but as i don’t have enough experience in affiliate marketing and have not worked directly with affiliate networks i am having difficulty applying this information to my affiliate project. I have searched the internet and found a website named revglue which is offering some easy solution to my problem. They claim to do all the work for me by providing data, deals coupons and i don’t have to make any account with… Read more »