Looking for the best WordPress email plugins to enhance your site’s email marketing or get its emails more efficient?
While WordPress has some basic built-in capability for sending emails, it’s inefficient, and you’ll need the help of certain email plugins if you want to establish an email marketing strategy and ensure your emails reach subscribers’ mailboxes.
Fortunately, there is no scarcity of outstanding email plugins for WordPress. To make your search easier, we did the legwork and limited it to 10 of the greatest plugins for emails and newsletters.
- What are WordPress email plugins?
- Things you should consider when choosing a WordPress Email Plugin
- Top 10 Best WordPress Email Plugins
- MailPoet – Modern design templates
- HubSpot – Generous free plan with CRM
- Newsletter – the right tool for you to create a beautiful newsletter
- OptinMonster – Targeted popups
- Sendinblue – Advanced version, automation, and newsletter features
- WP Mail SMTP – For better deliverability
- Mailster – Target your audience with custom conditions.
- Email Subscribers & Newsletters (Icegram) – No additional subscriptions are requested
- Clearout- Best Tool For Email Verification & Validation
- Subscribe2 – simple and effective email notification system
- WPForms – One of the most popular form builders for WordPress
What are WordPress email plugins?
You may use the email plugin to add a subscription form or a pop-up to your website, create emails in a drag-and-drop editor, segment your leads with multi-list targeting, and publish newsletters to promote your blog material. Furthermore, the product includes built-in reporting, allowing you to know exactly how your emails are performing.
Things you should consider when choosing a WordPress Email Plugin
When it comes to choosing the best WordPress plugins, there are several key considerations to keep in mind.
WordPress websites are susceptible to hacker attacks. It’s crucial to use security plugins that are updated, in addition to creating strong passwords and securing access to the WordPress admin area.
Your site could be insecure if you use an old plugin or template. Choose a plugin whose creator will be speedy in identifying and fixing any bugs or security problems.
Easy to use
Your email newsletter creation and distribution process should be simple and speedy. You don’t want to end up using a complicated or faulty email newsletter plugin.
Similar to any email service creator, you need to ensure that it offers stylish and flexible email templates that you can easily alter to match your demands.
You should select a newsletter plugin that prioritizes deliverability. The plugin may use SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) or interact with a third-party service like Mailgun, Sendinblue, Mailjet, or SendGrid. Whatever you choose make sure your email domain is secured with DMARC.
So, now that we realize what we’re searching for, let’s dive in and discover which WordPress email plugins are the greatest!
Top 10 Best WordPress Email Plugins
MailPoet – Modern design templates
MailPoet is a tried-and-true WordPress email plugin that helps you create, send, manage, and develop your email marketing campaigns without entering your WordPress dashboard.
This plugin with over 300,000 users putting their trust in it to deliver their messages! Furthermore, the drag-and-drop email generator allows you to easily design dynamic emails with featured image size that look fantastic on any device or email service.
If you own an eCommerce store, MailPoet also provides a slew of WooCommerce-specific tools to let you send recommendation emails, vacant cart recovery emails, and more.
- Utilize the WordPress block editor to create custom opt-in forms to enhance your list.
- Email editor with drag-and-drop functionality and pre-built themes.
- Send one-time emails or set up automation processes, such as constantly sending an email when a new post is published.
- Evaluate analytics to track opens, clicks, and so on.
- Ability to utilize the MailPoet sending service to distribute transactional emails from your website in addition to marketing emails or newsletters.
- WooCommerce-specific capabilities for email customization, sending abandoned cart emails, and more.
Pros: Email templates that are flexible, as well as the ability to send emails using MailPoet’s own mailing service.
Cons: Only a few translations are provided.
The free plan includes unlimited email sending to 1,000 subscribers. Business plans begin at €10 per month, Agency plans start at €30 per month or you can buy the creator plans for €8 per month.
MailPoet is ideal for individuals and organizations seeking a comprehensive native WordPress email marketing strategy. MailPoet is also an excellent choice for WooCommerce business owners, as it provides a variety of eCommerce-specific capabilities.
HubSpot – Generous free plan with CRM
If you’re seeking a solid free email business plugin for your WordPress website, go no further than the HubSpot WordPress plugin! It is a prominent plugin among email marketers, with over 200K current installations and 4.5 stars.
HubSpot allows you to design stunning, accessible email campaigns to deliver to your contact data directly from your WordPress dashboard. It includes free features like CRM, email marketing, live chat and bots, ad administration, analytics, forms, and more.
This plugin includes a great drag-and-drop editor and is completely integrated with WordPress. You could send up to 2,000 emails each month for free.
- Manage contacts in HubSpot’s CRM with information about their businesses and connections.
- Lead generation is easy with an integrated landing page, content marketing, form creator, and website features.
- Email automation for contact following
- Create marketing processes that allow you to target prospects depending on how they engage with your WordPress site.
- CRM and Sales functions are available in both iOS and Android apps.
Pros: HubSpot is simple to use and integrates with over 300 tools. Having all of your contact information on hand makes your email marketing more customized and effective.
Cons: Advanced marketing automation isn’t available in the free package.
The HubSpot WordPress plugin is available for free. Email marketing is included in the plugin. Deliver up to 1,000 emails per month with Marketing Hub Starter beginning at $50/month. With Professional plans, you need to pay $890/month, you can use 2,000 marketing contacts. About Enterprise plans, you need to pay $3,600/month, you can use 10,000 contacts in this category.
Anyone should use the HubSpot WordPress Plugin. There is no greater free email subscription plugin for WordPress, with forms, pop-ups, live chat, and a completely integrated CRM.
Newsletter – the right tool for you to create a beautiful newsletter
Newsletter is a WordPress-specific email marketing tool that includes everything you require to get launched. It generates and distributes newsletters from your WordPress site. It allows you to add subscribers to the checklist, generate opt-in forms, and send emails using its simple drag-and-drop builder.
Unlimited members with statistics, unrestricted newsletters with monitoring, subscription spam check with domain/IP black lists, archive, and protected content add-ons are all included in the free subscription.
When you upgrade to a premium account, you gain access to a number of pro-add-ons. You can combine WooCommerce, Amazon SES, and Contact Form 7, as well as add geolocation functionality to target subscribers based on their location and analyze newsletter connections with Google Analytics.
- Forms that are flexible and mobile-friendly.
- Limitless newsletters and subscribers.
- The translation is available.
- WordPress Registration connection
- Free and paid add-ons for a quality experience.
- Installation and usage are simple.
- Friendly and supportive user assistance.
Pros: Efficient email themes and subscription plugins. It also provides free extensions for preserving and locking premium features.
Cons: The plugin will send emails through your site server, which may cause complications depending on the hosting provider’s limitations.
Free plan with unrestricted emails and subscribers. It provides premium plans for professional marketers that cost $69 per year, or $269 per year for a year of upgrades.
The Newsletter plugin is ideal for WordPress bloggers who want to automate and evaluate the effectiveness of their newsletters. It’s another well-liked, well-received alternative worth checking out for free.
OptinMonster – Targeted popups
The plugin that has the greatest active installations on this list is OptinMonster. That is a very excellent sign of the plugin’s quality, as clients are clearly satisfied with the item.
It enables you to collect emails from anywhere on your website using popups, notification panels, and forms. You can easily include WPForms forms in your popups if you would like to connect them with your newsletter registration or lead capture form.
It also allows you to construct a variety of opt-in forms kinds, such as full-screen greeting mats, notification panels, and slide-in notices. This assist you to customize your marketing strategies to your site and how your consumers respond.
- Designs that are mobile-friendly and retina-ready.
- There are over 65 pre-made themes to pick from.
- An effective targeting and categorization engine.
- A simple drag-and-drop creator.
- Option for advanced and effective analytics.
- Connect effortlessly with other sites and eCommerce platforms.
Pros: It enables you to quickly test several variations of your signup form, which is incredibly beneficial for site scalability. It is also simple to establish and adjust to meet your own business requirements.
Cons: OptinMonster free and ‘Basic’ versions are both rather limited. To enjoy all of the features of the plugin, you must upgrade to a pro version.
Unrestricted campaigns and page-level segmentation start at $9 a month. With the Plus plan, you need to pay $19/month. For $29/month, you can use advanced targeting and suspense clocks, as well as eliminate branding. For $49/month, you can use most of the features of this software.
Marketers who want to employ popups in their marketing techniques (particularly for exit intents) and use advanced monitoring on their forms and email campaigns to boost results.
Sendinblue – Advanced version, automation, and newsletter features
Sendinblue provides cloud-based digital advertising tools to over 50,000 growing businesses across the world, and its WordPress plugin integrates the platform’s functionality straight into WordPress.
With the Sendinblue WordPress plugin, you can design forms to collect leads, administer subscriber lists, construct and send email marketing campaigns, and track your progress over time via the included analytics. The plugin has a drag-and-drop email editor, and you may customize email elements to boost subscriber engagement.
- WordPress connection plugin that allows you to do most email marketing operations directly from your WordPress admin.
- Email designer with drag-and-drop functionality.
- Send one-time emails or automate email sequences.
- List management and categorization in great detail.
- Sendinblue may also provide transactional emails for your website.
Pros: You can get a free trial with several features and send up to 300 emails each day. You can also customize your email layout.
Cons: The free and lite plans have limited features. Furthermore, drag-and-drop production appears to be restricted.
Free plugin (up to 300 emails per day, unlimited contacts). Paid subscriptions begin at $25 per month for up to 20,000 emails. Business subscriptions start at $65/month. For $1000/month, you can use unlimited contacts.
Sendinblue may be a suitable choice for individuals searching for a more comprehensive digital marketing platform that includes a CRM, text message marketing, and other features.
WP Mail SMTP – For better deliverability
WP Mail SMTP by WPForms is a WordPress email campaigns plugin you should be acquainted with, with 5 stars and nearly 3,000 reviews.
WP Mail SMTP differs from the various plugins on this list in that it does not concentrate on email generation. Instead, it focuses on boosting the deliverability of emails sent from your website. It enables email clients to verify your emails, preventing the spam folder or missed delivery.
This plugin seeks to alleviate email deliverability difficulties by enabling WordPress to use SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol), the email standard, rather than PHPMailer, the WordPress default.
- Utilize a specialized email-sending provider to distribute transactional emails from your website,
- API interfaces for prominent providers such as SendGrid, Mailgun, Gmail, and others.
- Generic SMTP enables you to link to any SMTP server.
- Send a test email to ensure that your service is operational.
- Track which emails your website sends using an email log (in the Pro version).
Pros: The email logging section allows you to verify what emails are being sent from your site as well as whether they are being sent to the correct address. You can also determine whether or not they have been opened or clicked.
Cons: The free version is extremely limited, and the subscription plan renewal fees are on the high side.
WP Mail SMTP has a free version that allows you to use prominent email services like Gmail, Sendinblue, and SMTP.com.
- The Elite edition, which unlocks all advanced functions, costs $99 per year.
- For business applications, there are Developer and Agency versions available, with prices ranging from $199 to $399 per year.
This plugin is recommended for WordPress marketers that are suffering from email deliverability concerns.
Mailster – Target your audience with custom conditions.
This is a well-maintained and supported WordPress newsletter extension with a lot of bells and whistles. This WordPress email plugin matches many of the greatest email marketing SaaS options out there, with features such as a lightning-fast drag-and-drop editor, web editions of your newsletters, support for autoresponders, and comprehensive list categorization.
It works from within your WordPress admin area and integrates with dozens of SMTP providers as well as your current email list-building and form plugins. Simply connect it to a low-cost SMTP service, and you’ll have your own WordPress email marketing strategy that can match all the heavyweights!
- Dashboard with useful statistics
- Each email marketing campaign has statistical information.
- Email delivery options are numerous.
- Ready-to-use templates for various smartphones
- The capability to use cron to schedule emails
Pros: You may easily add your forms to articles by utilizing the produced shortcode – no need to mess with code. Mailster supports advanced reporting as well as simple autoresponders such as greeting emails and birthday messages.
Cons: Mailster only includes a few of the most basic themes. Considering that this is a commercial plugin, you’d think it would have more layouts.
The price is $89 for a single-site license and 6 months of assistance. You must additionally consider the cost of an email-sending service, as SMTP cannot be included.
It’s an excellent solution for bloggers and businesses of any size and industry. The Mailster plugin enables businesses to construct lists, send emails to followers on those lists, and measure their marketing strategies.
Email Subscribers & Newsletters (Icegram) – No additional subscriptions are requested
Email Subscribers & Newsletters is a WordPress plugin that allows you to effortlessly notify your followers when new blog content is published. You may use this plugin to capture leads, send automatic new blog post email notifications, generate and send broadcasts, and control them all from one location.
You can incorporate a subscription box on your site and receive notifications every time someone signs up for your newsletter. You can use it to notify your subscribers whenever a new blog post is published, or to construct a bespoke newsletter to distribute your material.
- The functionality of double opt-in
- Captchas can be added to the subscription box with ease.
- Services for spam monitoring
- Send unrestricted broadcasts
- Welcome email sent automatically
- Campaign statements in advance
Pros: The Email Subscribers and Newsletters plugin allows you to effortlessly install a subscription box wherever on your webpage to capture contacts. It is also GDPR compliant.
Cons: While the plugin itself was simple to install, the free themes were unsatisfactory. It only contains two plaintext templates, with more available in the pro version.
Free for limited functionality (no SMTP support) and security, or $9/month for SMTP, highly secure, and premium email themes.
Email Subscribers & Newsletters is ideal for bloggers looking for a simple plugin that will inform followers when a recent blog post is published, as well as some basic stats and a custom newsletter option.
Clearout– Best Tool For Email Verification & Validation
One of the major problems these days is the massive amount of spammy, invalid, or irrelevant leads being submitted on your form and entering your database.
And Clearout.io saves the day by assisting you in combating such low-quality leads from exploiting your database, degrading campaign performance, and negatively impacting your ROI.
Clearout’s email validation WordPress plugin prevents spam leads from entering your forms in real time and protects your database from fake, disposable, & bad emails. This will get you on good terms with your ESP, and save money and time from being wasted on low-quality and wrong leads.
- Advanced catchall resolver
- Allow or reject business/free email domains
- Greylisting, gibberish, and disposable emails verification
- Domain/Email blocklist/allowlist
- Guaranteed deliverables
- Fastest real-time verification
- Team account feature
- Low credit notification alert
- Custom Error Message
- Integrates with 20+ forms
- Free signup
Pros: Real-time verification with 98%+ accuracy, affordable pricing, and the tool is super easy to use. The various checks and the allowlist/ blocklist features make capturing quality leads easier than ever. Moreover, unlike many other tools, there is no additional cost to use the CO plugin.
Some form integrations are yet to be introduced.
Businesses of all types, sales teams, and marketers who want to capture and enrich their sales pipeline with quality and valid leads.
Subscribe2 – simple and effective email notification system
Subscribe2 provides complete subscription administration and an email notification system for the greatest WordPress blog templates. Subscribe2 is better than other WordPress email Plugins for bloggers that want to send email notifications to subscribers.
Subscribe2 enables you to send basic notifications or repeat messages to your blog followers whenever new content is uploaded. You may also use the plugin to exclude particular categories of items or even individual articles from being contained in your emails.
- Best email marketing platform for digital marketers, influencers, eCommerce business owners, and agencies
- A large selection of ready-to-use email newsletter themes
- You may capture high-quality leads by creating stunning opt-in forms in addition to newsletters.
- Thank you emails, new subscriber greeting emails, promotional emails, and so on are all completely automated.
- Connectivity with many WordPress plugins, as well as support for several email gateways
Pros: There are numerous e-mail message settings available. You can set a sending frequency that is either one-time or periodic. You may also select which categories of your users will get an email message.
Cons: You will only be able to engage with registered people. Furthermore, it lacks an in-built Captcha.
Subscribe2 is available for free download. With Premium Plan, starting at $5/month.
Subscribe2 is another WordPress email extension that is great for bloggers who wish to send email notifications to their followers or collect their most recent blog entries into a digest.
WPForms – One of the most popular form builders for WordPress
WPForms is the greatest WordPress form builder plugin. It has over 5 million active installs and enables you to construct infinite forms and unique email notifications. The great feature of WPForms is that it is the easiest tool for creating contact forms.
WPForms can assist you in creating any type of contact form, transaction form, survey form, registration form, or newsletter opt-in form. In the Pro version, they offer over 300 themes that have been proven to work. Creating visually pleasing forms requires minimal time.
- Form generator with simple drag-and-drop functionality
- Form input administration
- System of immediate notification
- All entries are easily tracked.
- There are over 400 templates.
- Forms that are mobile-friendly
- 30+ more add-ons that increase the functionality of your form
Pros: It is simple to use, even for novices, because there are ready-made theme forms available for immediate usage. WPForms also allows you to construct an endless number of forms.
Cons: The free version is severely limited; if you want to create a form from the beginning, you must do it on your own. You may not post multiple files at once.
WPForms Lite is free and only offers one notification function. You can utilize the basic plan for $49.50 for the first year or upgrade to Pro for $199.50 for the first year to access all the additional notification options. WPForms also provides Pro plan ($99.50) and Elite plan ($299.50) per year.
Because of its benefits and convenience, Best for WPForms is strongly recommended by hundreds of WordPress blogs and YouTube clips.
Beginning with email marketing is a great approach to getting started with your overall marketing goals. It is crucial to choose the plugin that best meets your requirements. You have the option of using a highly customizable plugin.
We hope that this article has assisted you in selecting the top important WordPress email plugins for your eCommerce site.