Selling more in less time is amazing, right? Every seller loves it, we can say for sure.
But is it difficult to do that?
The important point here is that you need to implement it without making your customers annoyed. If not, selling more may turn into selling nothing or never selling again.
It is really a challenging task to convince someone to buy more or consider taking a more expensive product.
That being said, there is an extremely effective way to make customers pay more. That’s setting up WooCommerce Related Products, which gives you a great opportunity to upsell and cross-sell.
Then, our article will show you the reasons why this method is effective. What’s more, we list the best WooCommerce related products plugins that help boost sales. Let’s get started!
- Why you need related products on your WooCommerce store
- Default related product settings in WooCommerce
- 5+ Best Plugins to Set Up WooCommerce Related Products
- 1. WooBuilder add-on
- 2. Beeketing for WooCommerce
- 3. WooCommerce Boost Sales
- 4. Checkout Field Editor and Manager for WooCommerce
- 5. Recommendation Engine
- 6. Product Recommendations
- 6. WooCommerce One Click Upsell Funnel Pro
- Select the right WooCommerce Related Products plugin to boost sales
Why you need related products on your WooCommerce store
1. Increase order value
The biggest advantage of adding related products in WooCommerce is that it helps you increase the average order value. Why is that?
As usual, we have to spend a lot of time, money, and effort on promoting any products to a new customer. But when the sales techniques of cross-selling or upselling come into the world, they help store owners save a lot.
You can show customers a list of WooCommerce related products on single product page. They will be more expensive than the current product, but they offer customers more value (Upselling). But in some cases, you want to provide users with some additional items (Cross-selling). No matter upselling or cross-selling is used for product recommendations, if the value you offers is worth their while, customers won’t hesitate to spend more money.
2. Improve customer experience
Do you know customers love product recommendations on your online store?
Yeah, they love to see some suggestions that give them more complementary or alternative options. The more options you offer, the more chances they can have to buy their favorite item on your store.
Based on customers’ purchase history, tags, and categories, you can effectively set up the WooCommerce related products and keep them in your store longer. Almost all customers will highly appreciate this because they feel satisfied when realizing your effort in helping them find out the right products. It is this satisfaction that will encourage customers to buy something and bring them back to your WooCommerce store then.
3. Retain existing customers
There is a fact that convincing the existing customers to buy more is much easier and cheaper than approaching new ones.
They have visited or ordered something in your store. Your website can easily store that kind of information and know what your customers are expecting. So why don’t let them see more personalized product recommendations? Even if they are not willing to buy your products at that time, you still get a chance to show them numerous related items. The probability is that they will come back next time.
In short, learning how to show related products in WooCommerce also means gaining deep insights into customer behaviour. From then, you can give them the best experience and increase sales at your fingertips.
What are your waiting for? Please make the most of WooCommerce related products as an effective marketing strategy right now.
Default related product settings in WooCommerce
With the built-in product recommendation settings, WooCommerce lets you add related products to your site in three ways, including cross-sells, up-sells, and related products by tags or categories.
Now let’s see how they work in WooCommerce by default.
1. WooCommerce up-sells
Upsells in WooCommerce are alternative choices at a higher quality for customers. They are the upgraded products or services that require a higher price than the ones the customer intends to purchase. Even so, these products are often particularly attractive to customers and easily make people spend money due to their striking features.
Access any products in WooCommerce, scroll down to Product data to set up WooCommerce upsells, Product data > Linked Products > Upsells. Then, fill in the field with the appropriate names that are similar to the current item and able to help you gain more profit.
After that, your upsells will display on the product page as below, under the default text of You may also like.
2. WooCommerce cross-sells
If upsells are shown on the product page, cross-sells display when customers have completed the order and come to the WooCommerce cart page. They will introduce customers to the additional items that are in a strong relationship with the existing product. For example, your customer has added a coffee grinder to the cart, then you should suggest they buy a coffee maker.
To set up the cross-sells, you go to Product data > Linked Products > Cross-sells. Then, fill in the field with the appropriate names that are so useful for customers and complementary to the current item.
As a result, your cross-sells will display on the frontend as below, under the default text of You may be interested in.
3. Related products by tags or categories
Different upsells and cross-sells that requires manual selection, these related items will automatically display on the product page. They will consist of the items that are in the same categories or tags with the main product. Therefore, group all your products appropriately so that customers will pay attention to them.
On a product page, these automatically selected products will appear in the part of Related product like the image below.
5+ Best Plugins to Set Up WooCommerce Related Products
The default WooCommerce allows setting up related products but it provides users limited features. If you want to do more with product recommendations in your store, you should consider installing a plugin.
Then, it’s time to come to the main part where we will introduce you to the best WooCommerce related products plugins.
- Show upsells, cross-sells, best-sellers, featured products, and related products based on categories on the product page
- Automatically select the products with similar tags or categories into your related products section (for some product page templates)
- Be able to edit the layout and style of the product recommendations as you like
- Cover many other remarkable features in addition to presenting related products, especially fully customizing all WooCommerce pages with Elementor thanks to built-in widgets
WooBuilder is a WooCommerce single product page builder that is specifically designed for Woostify theme users. This WooCommerce related products plugin allows fully customizing WooCommerce shop pages, product pages, checkout pages, cart pages, thank you pages, and my account pages.
Especially, this add-on is integrated with numerous advanced widgets such as Woostify – Product Related, Woostify – Product Upsell, Woostify – Recently Viewed Products, and Woostify – Product Tab. All of them let customers see more items in addition to the main product.
- Woostify – Product Related: add WooCommerce related products by category
- Woostify – Product Upsell: show the products you filled in the default WooCommerce upsells when going to Product data > Linked Products > Upsells.
- Woostify – Recently Viewed Products: let customers see what they have seen before that
- Woostify – Product Tab: show the featured products and best-sellers of the store that should be added on the main shop page
Just drop and drag these widgets, you will offer your customers more options to buy the products they want when they are being on any product page. More than that, each widget allows you to change the number of related products displayed and edit the style and layout in the way you like. Then, you can flexibly design all these sections to bring users a good impression of your store.
Showing related products is one of the smart marketing tactics widely used by Woostify users. Then, you can see our live examples of the websites made with Woostify.
As mentioned above, Woobuilder is one of the add-ons offered by Woostify. Only when you get the Woostify theme pro, you get a chance to use all the premium features of WooBuilder, including the one for product recommendations. See the three packages of Woostify pro here.
- Offer both the manual and automatic selection for upselling (on the product page) and cross-selling (on the cart page)
- Show the products bought together regularly to offer users combo discounts
- Show best-sellers, recently viewed products, customers who bought this item also bought
- Show Best-Sellers, Recently Viewed, Who Bought This Also Bought
- Display recommended products in carousel and sliders
- Provides many other great features in addition to products recommendations such as sales gamification tool, countdown timer, customer data collection, and emails to retain and approach customers
Beeketing for WooCommerce is a great option that provides users with striking features compared to the default WooCommerce ones. For this reason, it is regarded as one of the most useful marketing tools for boosting sales.
With such a powerful plugin, you can explore a wide range of outstanding features. But right here, we only mentioned the ones that support displaying the related products.
In fact, there will be not any difficulties in adding related products to your WooCommerce stores because WooCommerce also allows doing that by default. But the key point here is building them most quickly and effectively. If you are hunting for that point, then this WooCommerce related products plugin was born for you. With the auto-recommendation features, it will help you save a lot of time. Meanwhile, up-selling and cross-selling are what Beeketing can do better than anything in the world. Therefore, it will be a great idea to increase the average order value with Beeketing for WooCommerce.
Apart from building related products, Beeking also offer numerous features that helps in converting visitors into buyers, increasing checkout rate, preventing cart abandonment, recovering abandoned carts, increasing repeat purchases, and improving customer relationship.
Beeketing for WooCommerce provides users with both free and premium features. For the pro ones, Beeketing gives users a free 15-day trial and requires a subscription fee, from $8 to $49 per month.
- Offer up-sell and cross-sell features such as pop-up notifications, product bundles, manual selection, and selection based on categories
- Provide premium up-sell features, including adding up-sells in bulk, syncing with the default WooCommerce up-sells, showing recently viewed products, Ajax adds to cart for product, and many others.
- Provide premium cross-sell features, including displaying cross-sell bundles anywhere on product pages, showing cross-sells on different pages, Ajax adds to cart for bundle, bundle price calculation, and many others
- Offer customers a discount for a minimum spend that encourage customers spend more to receive that discount
Are you looking for a WooCommerce related product plugin that can help increase the revenue of every order by up-selling and cross-selling? Don’t hesitate to come to the plugin by VillaTheme – Boost Sales for WooCommerce.
What makes this plugin stands out is the up-sell and cross-sell pop-up display. Then, your related products can be displayed on different WooComerce pages, including the WooCommerce single product page, cart page, and checkout page. Besides, you can show all the products that belong to the same category as the main product. In this way, you will get more chances to present different products to your customers.
The product bundle display and bundle discount calculation are the next things this plugin offers. People will love to buy a combo rather than separate items. It is a sure thing. Therefore, showing a bundle at a favourable price will definitely encourage your customers to pay more. Then, you can create product bundles and calculate their prices at your fingertips with Boost Sales for WooCommerce.
More than that, the plugin has a discount bar where you can add a coupon and notify your customers how much they need to spend more to get the discount.
The Boost sales for WooCommerce plugin offers both the free and premium versions. That being said, it is advisable to get the paid one because it is much more helpful for your WooCommerce store. Only with $32, you can use the premium features of the plugin.
- Rearrange, add, and edit Checkout fields
- Automatic field validation
- File upload feature is available
- Modify the default fields
- Section positioning
- 17+ Field types
- Create and place the custom section on the Checkout page
- UI is user friendly
- Date, Time, and Color picker features
- Checkbox and Radio groups help to capture more info
- Also can add additional CSS classes
- Lightweight and easy-to-use
WooCommerce Checkout Field Editor and Manager for WooCommerce plugin allow you to add 17+ different custom fields to your checkout page. It helps to capture additional information from the customers during the checkout process. Add, edit, modify, rearrange the custom checkout fields on the Billing, Shipping, Order, and Custom sections of your WooCommerce platform
Automatic field validation features are available. This brings the checkout section a user-friendly interface and easy to manage details of customers. It works seamlessly with the majority WooCommerce compatible themes, meaning you have countless options to choose from when jazzing up your store and marketing your products to customers.
This plugin is compatible with the popular WordPress Multilingual (WPML) plugin that lets you translate website content into different languages.
Field orders can be changed with simple drag & drop options. This makes the plugin easier to use. No need to code & debug and don’t suck your time in this process.
Checkout Field Editor and manager is a Freemium plugin. You can enjoy the basic features on the free version and if like to move on to pro, then you’ll get access to all the premium features.
- Automatically show the product recommendations based on view history, purchase history and frequently purchased products
- Automatically create cross-sells and upsells
- Set up the product recommendations following the Netflix and Amazon style
- Provide useful widgets to add related products such as WooCommerce Recommended Products and WooCommerce Purchased Products
Manual selection is the thing few people love when using the default WooCommerce features. Especially when you have hundreds or thousands of items to add, it will be so time-consuming. What’s more, WooCommerce is unable to help you collect the information based on the customers’ interests.
Anyway, don’t worry too much. The WooCommerce related plugin called Recommendation Engine will help you a lot. This plugin becomes outstanding due to its research on the customer history to suggest products to customers. There are three types of recommendations the plugin offers:
- Related Products By View: As the name suggests, this section is to display the products other customers viewed together with the current product. Then, these suggestions will give your customers a chance to refer to more related products that you haven’t seen before that.
- Related Products by Purchase History: Based on the customers’ purchase history, the plugin stores all the items they bought together when visiting the store at different times. Then, show them to other customers who are buying one of the stored items.
- Products Purchased Together: this one is different from the Related Products by Purchase History section at the point that it suggests the products frequently bought on the same order. This product bundle display is really a great tactic for cross-selling.
To help you display the three suggestion types above, the plugin is integrated with the two widgets named
- WooCommerce Recommended Products: is used for Related Products By View and Related Products by Purchase History
- WooCommerce Purchase Products: is used for Products Purchased Together
The plugin does not provide users with a free version. Often you will have to spend $79 for every single WooCommerce site. But now the plugin offers a special discount with the price of only $47.40. So be quick to get this sales promotion.
- Quickly suggest the products that are frequently bought together
- Analyze the orders to display the related products at the right time and improve your recommendation strategies
- Create upsells and cross-sells in bulk using different filters, amplifiers, and visibility conditions
- Help increase average order value by recommending personalized upsells on the checkout page or thank you page in WooCommerce
- Recommend products on different pages in WooCommerce
Thanks to effective recommendation strategies, Product Recommendations is one of the best WooCommerce related product plugins.
The smart plugin can introduce customers to great cross-sells and upsells thanks to its intelligent search algorithm. Based on this data, you also can create your own recommendation engines (using filters, amplifiers and visibility conditions) to have a unique WooCommerce related products template where you present appropriate upsells and cross-sells to your customers.
Selecting the right customers and considering the right time to show relevant products is also the point here. In addition to suggesting the products from the recently viewed categories, the plugin analyzes the order content, customer history, purchase date, and location to recommend personalized upsells on the WooCommerce checkout page Elementor.
The plugin allows displaying related products at around 20 locations, including the single product page, shop page, product category page, tag page, cart page, checkout page, and thank you page.
Last but not least, we thought the most striking point of this plugin must be the ability to track and analyze the orders. The elements like unique views and clicks, conversions, and revenue are all stored in the insight report, from which you can optimize your recommendation strategies.
Product Recommendations is a paid plugin that costs $79. This time this plugin offers a promotion; then you will spend only $47.40.
- Post Purchase – Special One time Offer
- Target Product Category For Triggering Offers
- A Single Click to Accept the offer
- Streamlines with Upsells and Downsells
- Combined Order of Parent & Upsell products
- Create Unlimited Funnels with Unlimited Number of Offers
- Create Product Specific Offer Pages
- Funnel Sandbox Mode
- Responsive Offer Pages
- Accept Payments From Multiple Payment Gateways Securely
WooCommerce One-Click Upsell Funnel Pro helps merchants to make post-purchase offers that users can buy in one click without re-entering payment details. Create product-specific offer pages, accept secured payments via widely accepted payment gateways, pre-defined offer templates to be used readily. It also supports major page builders that let you create custom and responsive upselling pages.
This plugin offers both free and premium versions. The free version provides you with basic features for upselling products. If you want to unblock other advanced functions like Multiple Payment Gateways, Variable products, Premium support, and more, you need to purchase the premium plugin.
Select the right WooCommerce Related Products plugin to boost sales
The marketing technique of upselling and cross-selling will greatly contribute to the business of your WooCommerce store.
By default, WooCommerce supports you to have them for every product. Besides, you can use add related products anywhere in your store using the WooCommerce related products shortcode below:
But in case you want to use advanced features that can help manage product recommendations actively and promote your sales more strongly, it is highly recommended to consider the WooCommerce Related Products plugins mentioned in the article.
Actually, each plugin comes with different features, prices, advantages and disadvantages. Then, please read our review thoroughly and choose the appropriate plugin that suits your needs. Good luck!
For the final word, we will be so glad if you find some useful information from our article. If you have any interesting ideas or queries about this topic, please leave your comments in the box below. Feel so excited to hear from you. Thanks so much!