Visitors always pay attention to the header of a website, so it is very important for you to impress them at the first sight by making your WordPress website header eye-catching with smooth navigation.
If you are looking for the best way to create a perfect website header, you may consider using a WordPress header plugin. In this article, we are collecting the best WordPress Header Plugins that help you capture customers’ attention to your WordPress eCommerce site.
- What is a WordPress header?
- Why you need WordPress Header Plugins?
- Best WordPress Header Plugins 2023
- Boostify Header Footer Builder
- Elementor – Header, Footer & Blocks Template
- JetBlocks Elementor Plugin
- STAX Header Builder
- WordPress Header Builder Plugin
- Insert Headers and Footers by WPBeginner
- Header Footer Code Manager
- Sticky Menu & Sticky Header
- Woostify Pro addons for customizing header
- Final Words
What is a WordPress header?
Headers are an essential part of a website lying on the topmost place. It usually consists of Site Title, Logo, Navigations, Social Media icons, Hero Images, and sometimes more. Generally, a WordPress header is kept the same throughout all pages of a WordPress site.
An attractive header can help you grab visitors’ attention as soon as they land on your site, and then boost their shopping experience in your store. So that you should create WordPress custom headers to fit your requirements and meet the demand of customers.
Why you need WordPress Header Plugins?
There are two main ways for you to edit WordPress header, which are adding custom code and using a WordPress header plugin. If you are good at coding, you can easily make any changes to your header by using custom codes.
If you are a WordPress beginner, you should use WordPress header plugins that are used to add various features to the header and make it outstanding in your WordPress websites. Below are some benefits you can get if using a plugin to custom WordPress header
- Fix the header elements such as banners, notification bars, and more.
- Add Custom Header Images and messages.
- Offer promotion with discounts, deals, and gifts, etc.
All things considered, let’s take a look at our collection of Best WordPress Header Plugins for customizing website header efficiently.
Best WordPress Header Plugins 2023
Boostify Header Footer Builder
Boostify Header Footer Builder is a plugin developed by Woostify. It allows you to create a custom header & footer and display them on any specific page or all the pages.
Unlike other plugins, this WordPress plugin offers Elementor built-in widgets for the header so it is not necessary to install any 3rd party plugin for the add-on widget.
With the Boostify Header Footer builder plugin, you can create a sticky header and enable it on all-sized screens like mobile, tablet, or desktop.
Besides, you can build a mega menu easily and apply a vertical menu layout with Elementor to make your header more outstanding.
- Automatically get a logo from the customizer, upload a custom logo for a sticky menu. You can even set a custom image as a logo with a custom link and message and add a Retina image for retina display
- Offer a list of premade menus on your website. You just need to choose the menu layout as desired then custom as you want. You can also build Megamenu with Boostify header footer builder.
- Allow you to create a search widget with 2 different layouts: icon search and form search
- Support copyright shortcode for the footer [btf_year] [btf_site_tile][btf_site_tile]
- Support WooCommerce cart icon if you use WooCommerce
- Provide dedicated support via ticket, email, and community.
Elementor – Header, Footer & Blocks Template
Elementor – Header, Footer & Blocks Template is a helpful WordPress plugin that allows you to create a Header, footer, and block with Elementor. However, to use this plugin, you need to install the Elementor page builder.
In detail, with this plugin, you can create a layout with Elementor and set it as a header or a footer. You can also display a custom header anywhere you want, for example, only on the homepage, shop pages, or on the entire website
- Select a specific target location to display the header and footer on.
- Automatically add the site logo and title.
- Various navigation menu layouts
- Compatible with Major plugins
- Dedicated support
JetBlocks Elementor Plugin
JetBlocks Header & Footer plugin was created by Crocoblock Team. It has 6 widgets, including breadcrumbs, site logo, login widget, hamburger panel, search widget, auth links widget, etc.
This plugin helps to build clean navigation for better usability, add sticky sections, or create better header and footers. In combination with the JetThemeCore plugin, you can choose header and footer templates, and edit your navigation easily.
- Add a shopping cart icon to your header
- Create hamburger panel
- Build navigation menu with dropdown option
- Add breadcrumbs to create a hierarchy of each page and build the site’s structure
- Support via chat, ticket, or Zoom call
STAX Header Builder
The next option in the list of best WordPress header plugins is STAX Header Builder that is using a front-end drag & drop visual interface to create page headers. With STAX, you will have a live preview of the header and easily switch from desktop, tablet, or mobile view while designing it.
The plugin allows you to create different headers on your site by changing background, border, typography, enabling sticky, boxed, full-width, custom height, custom width.
- Lively preview and frontend drag & drop header building interface.
- Smoothly works with any WooCommerce theme.
- Easily switch between mobile, desktop, and tablet screenshot.
- Allow you to create various headers for different pages of your WordPress site.
Another choice discussed in this collection is the Peal WordPress header builder. It helps you design and customize headers for your website with a visual drag and drop interface. You can make customization for your headers easy such as adding images, texts, logo design, and more.
Besides, the plugin comes with a lot of premade WordPress header templates that you can apply to your website if they fit your desired styles.
- Fully customizable header colors and sizes, and position options.
- Allow you to design and create your own menu and control over such details as type, columns, and background parameters.
- Allow you to include sticky headers
This free WordPress header and footer plugin allows you to add helpful code to the headers of any post and page on your website. However, unlike other plugins, you can place and customize scripts from one single place.
This plugin is easy to install and set up. You can add Google Analytics, custom CSS, Facebook Pixel code, etc. It provides an easy way out of a convoluted process involving various plugins and gets it all done in one go.
- Install and set up quickly
- Custom CSS options throughout the theme
- Support Google Analytics, Facebook Pixel code, and more
- Have user-friendly interface
With over 300 thousand active installs, Header Footer Code Manager is one of the best WordPress header plugins. It provides an easy-to-use interface for adding snippets to the header and footer of your website. Not to mention, you can also add code snippets above and below your page content with this plugin.
In addition, the number of scripts you can add is unlimited. Besides that, the plugin also lets you know precisely what snippets are loading and where they show up.
- Support Google Analytics and Google AdSense
- Avoid misplaced code snippets
- Support custom post types
- Label the code snippet for easy reference
- Have multiple page display options
While the other plugins in this article are created to cater to only the header, Sticky Menu & Sticky Header supports any element. That’s right! With this helpful WordPress plugin, you can make any element with class or ID to be sticky.
You can position them, customize the spacing, and even enable stickiness on particular screen sizes. The plugin even includes a Debug mode for you to quickly figure out the reason for any crashes.
Another advanced feature is the Admin Bar-aware mode. This checks if a user has an Admin Toolbar at the top of the page.
- Support almost any element with an ID or class
- Include different modes like Dynamic, Legacy and Debug
- Support custom spacing
- Have options for push-up elements
Woostify Pro addons for customizing header
As mentioned above, Woostify offers useful basic addons for customizing header and footer such as editing logo, menu, and search form. You can even get much more powerful features to create custom headers for your WordPress site if upgrading your WordPress site to Woostify Pro.
Woostify Pro provides you with 3 following awesome addons:
WordPress Multiple Headers of Woostify provide you with a set of WordPress Multiple Headers including 8 stunning header layouts to apply and customize to fit your WordPress sites. This function makes customizing the header become so easy.
You can configure the background color, full width, and enable / disable the header menu, search icon, search only product, account icon, and shopping cart icon.
- Choose to show different header styles on specific pages
- Change background’s color
- Customize header’s width
Header and footer builder addon allows you to replace the theme default header and footer with custom headers and footers by using the Elementor drag-and-drop interface, which makes the process extremely simple and easy.
- Create attractive pages and templates to be used as a header or footer.
- Usefully customized header and footer across the website.
- Sticky to make the header is always on the top
- Shrink to make the header smaller when scrolling
- Select Sticky on Desktop and Mobile
Another useful addon for customizing the website header that is offered by Woostify is the Sticky header. It allows users to create a floating outstanding header that always sticks at the top of your WooCommerce site when the visitors scroll up or down. Therefore, clients can navigate around the site faster without any hassle, resulting in a better shopping experience.
- Enable/ disable Stick header with just one click by turning on/ off the green icon
- Choose to show sticky header on mobile, or desktop, or both mobile and desktop
- Choose to show/disable on specific pages
- Customize width and color of bottom border
All three helpful add-ons listed above are created by Woostify so that if you are interested in these functionalities, you just need to get a Woostify pro license with the cost starting at $49. With Woostify pro, you can not only freely create and customize your WordPress header to meet your requirements but also get a chance to have a powerful WooCommerce site by full customizing all your pages, including WooCommerce shop page, single product page, shopping cart page, thank you page, my account page, and checkout page Elementor.
It’s much quicker and more efficient for you to customize your website header as you desire with the help of the WordPress header plugins mentioned above. They will help you customize your WordPress site header to make it easy to navigate and more engaging.
Besides, the list of WordPress plugins for customizing website headers, you can take a look at other help from the best review plugins, SEO plugins, security plugins, etc. to empower your WordPress eCommerce sites development.
If you have any further questions or recommendations, please let us know by leaving a comment below.