Visitors always pay attention to the header of a website, so it is very important for you to impress them at the first sight by making your WordPress website header eye-catching with smooth navigation.
If you are looking for the best way to create a perfect website header, you may consider using a WordPress header plugin. In this article, we are collecting the best WordPress Header Plugins that help you capture customers’ attention to your WordPress eCommerce site.
- What is a WordPress header?
- Why you need WordPress Header Plugins?
- Best WordPress Header Plugins 2021
- Final Words
What is a WordPress header?
Headers are an essential part of a website lying on the topmost place. It usually consists of Site Title, Logo, Navigations, Social Media icons, Hero Images, and sometimes more. Generally, a WordPress header is kept the same throughout all pages of a WordPress site.
An attractive header can help you grab visitor’s attention as soon as they land on your site, and then boost their shopping experience in your store. So that you should create WordPress custom headers to fit your requirements and meet the demand of customers.
Why you need WordPress Header Plugins?
There are two main ways for you to edit WordPress header, which are adding custom code and using a WordPress header plugin. If you are good at coding, you can easily make any changes to your header by using custom codes.
If you are a WordPress beginner, you should use WordPress header plugins that are used to add various features to the header and make it outstanding in your WordPress websites. Below are some benefits you can get if using a plugin to custom WordPress header
- Fix the header elements such as banners, notification bars, and more.
- Add Custom Header Images and messages.
- Offer promotion with discounts, deals, and gifts, etc.
All things considered, let’s take a look at our collection of Best WordPress Header Plugins for customizing website header efficiently.
Best WordPress Header Plugins 2021
Boostify Header Footer Builder
Boostify Header Footer Builder is a plugin developed by Woostify. It allows you to create a custom header & footer and display them on any specific page or all the pages.
Unlike other plugins, this WordPress plugin offers Elementor built-in widgets for the header so it is not necessary to install any 3rd party plugin for the add-on widget.
With Boostify Header Footer builder plugin, you can create a sticky header and enable it on all sized screens like mobile, tablet, or desktop.
Besides, you can build a mega menu easily and apply a vertical menu layout with Elementor to make your header more outstanding.
- Automatically get a logo from the customizer, upload a custom logo for a sticky menu. You can even set a custom image as a logo with a custom link and message and add a Retina image for retina display
- Offer a list of premade menus on your website. You just need to choose the menu layout as desired then custom as you want. You can also build Megamenu with Boostify header footer builder.
- Allow you to create a search widget with 2 different layouts: icon search and form search
- Support copyright shortcode for the footer [btf_year] [btf_site_tile][btf_site_tile]
- Support WooCommerce cart icon if you use WooCommerce
- Provide dedicated support via ticket, email, and community.
Elementor – Header, Footer & Blocks Template
Elementor – Header, Footer & Blocks Template is a helpful WordPress plugin that allows you to create a Header, footer, and block with Elementor. However, to use this plugin, you need to install the Elementor page builder.
In detail, with this plugin, you can create a layout with Elementor and set it as a header or a footer. You can also display a custom header anywhere you want, for example, only on the homepage, shop pages, or on the entire website
- Select a specific target location to display the header and footer on.
- Automatically add the site logo and title.
- Various navigation menu layouts
- Compatible with Major plugins
- Dedicated support
STAX Header Builder
The next option in the list of best WordPress header plugins is STAX Header Builder that is using a front-end drag & drop visual interface to create page headers. With STAX, you will have a live preview of the header and easily switch from desktop, tablet, or mobile view while designing it.
The plugin allows you to create different headers on your site by changing background, border, typography, enabling sticky, boxed, full-width, custom height, custom width.
- Lively preview and frontend drag & drop header building interface.
- Smoothly works with any WooCommerce theme.
- Easily switch between mobile, desktop, and tablet screenshot.
- Allow you to create various headers for different pages of your WordPress site.
Another choice discussed in this collection is the Peal WordPress header builder. It helps you design and customize headers for your website with a visual drag and drop interface. You can make customization for your headers easy such as adding images, texts, and logos, and more.
Besides, the plugin comes with a lot of premade WordPress header templates that you can apply to your website if they fit your desired styles.
- Fully customizable header colors and sizes, and position options.
- Allow you to design and create your own menu and control over such details as type, columns, and background parameters.
- Allow you to include sticky headers
Woostify Pro addons for customizing header
As mentioned above, Woostify offers usful basic addon for customizing header and footer such as editing logo, menu, and search form. You can even get much more powerful features to creat custom headers for your WordPress site if upgrading your WordPress site to Woostify Pro.
Woostify Pro provides you with 3 following awesome addons:
WordPress Multiple Headers of Woostify provide you with a set of WordPress Multiple Headers including 8 stunning header layouts to apply and customize to fit your WordPress sites. This function makes customizing the header become so easy.
You can configure the background color, full width, and enable / disable the header menu, search icon, search only product, account icon, and shopping cart icon.
- Choose to show different header styles on specific pages
- Change background’s color
- Customize header’s width
Header and footer builder addon allows you to replace the theme default header and footer with custom headers and footers by using the Elementor drag-and-drop interface, which makes the process extremely simple and easy.
- Create attractive pages and templates to be used as a header or footer.
- Usefully customized header and footer across the website.
- Sticky to make the header is always on the top
- Shrink to make the header smaller when scrolling
- Select Sticky on Desktop and Mobile
Another useful addon for customizing the website header that is offered by Woostify is the Sticky header. It allows users to create a floating outstanding header that always sticks at the top of your WooCommerce site when the visitors scroll up or down. Therefore, clients can navigate around the site faster without any hassle, resulting in a better shopping experience.
- Enable/ disable Stick header with just one click by turning on/ off the green icon
- Choose to show sticky header on mobile, or desktop, or both mobile and desktop
- Choose to show/disable on specific pages
- Customize width and color of bottom border
All three helpful addons listed above are created by Woostify, so that if you are interested in these functionalities, you just need to get a Woostify pro license with the cost starting at $49. With Woostify pro, you can not only freely create and customize your WordPress header to meet your requirements, but also get a chance to have a powerful WooCommerce site with awesome features such as full control over your shop pages including displaying product page, single product page, cart page, thank you page, my account page, etc.
It’s much quicker and efficient for you to custom your website header as you desire with the help of the WordPress header plugins mentioned above. All of then will help you customize your WordPress site header to make it easy to navigate and more engaging.
Besides, the list of WordPress plugins for customizing website headers, you can take a look at other help from the best review plugins, SEO plugins, security plugins, etc. to empower your WordPress eCommerce sites.
If you have any further questions or recommendations, please let us know by leaving a comment below.